‘Helping written work flow well, that is what copy-editing is all about.’
This is a good example of bad copy.
Being articulate when writing takes a lot of practice, and the end result is that experienced writers find it difficult to pen clumsy sentences, as above. However, we’re all guilty of attempting to be so articulate and smooth that we actually tie ourselves in knots. Copy-editing is all about helping written work flow by combating clunky writing.
How we help you…
- A written transcript, showing strengths and areas for improvement.
- Different levels of copy-editing available – light or heavy.
- Point-by-point analysis of issues in texts.
- Telephone/personal meetings and consultations can be arranged.
- Copy-editing weekly/monthly/quarterly material.
- Websites – commercial or personal. We offer full website consultations. We will compile a document providing a full breakdown of the readability and strengths of your website, as well as areas for improvement.
- Written documents – if your work is technically accurate but lacks clarity of expression. Here, we can provide on-screen/paper editing and improve the structure and flow of your work.
If you would like a quote for some editing, please contact us here.
We offer competitive hourly rates of between £10.00 – £20.00 per hour, dependent upon size, urgency and frequency.